Monday, May 3, 2010

Course Reflection

I entered this course not know anything other than the computer basics such as using power point, word, and sending e-mails. However, in the end I wound up thoroughly enjoying the course and have learned quite a bit not just about computers but myself as well. The things that I have learned in this course will assist me in some way throughout my teaching career. For instance, when we did the concept mapping project it provided me with a different way to present new information to my students but in an interesting way. The rubristar website was also a wonderful tool that I learned how to use because it helped me create rubrics that were required for my other courses and saved me a lot of valuable time. Blogging throughout the semester made think about different material and resources to use in my classroom and possibly making my students compose a blog weekly for current events. This semester I have had a few difficulties with linking my artifacts from google docs, using the assistive technology settings in my computer, and creating the video. These are my weak points because I did not truly understand how to link my artifacts until recently, creating the power point because of not being familiar with the settings in my computer, and creating the video because when I tried to add the narration and music it did not work the first time. My strong points include the concept mapping project, creating the rubric and the test, and creating the website. Those three things are my strong points because I felt confident and I have used thos resources before. This course has caused me to consider what project I will assign to my students as well as what grade I will choose to present these projects to.

No comments:

Post a Comment